Best Plant Milk in COFFEE – Poll
Which is the best alternative to milk in coffee?
Struggling to find a plant milk that has the perfect consistency and taste for your coffee? This question pops up a lot in our Facebook Group. To find a conclusive answer we created a poll so you could benefit from our community’s extensive research into crafting the perfect vegan coffee! Scroll down for tips to prevent curdling.
(We also have a Best Plant Milk in TEA Poll).
We will continue to collect votes for the foreseeable, so please vote for your favourite below. If you prefer a specific brand of plant milk in your coffee, cast your vote, then leave the brand name in the comments, so that we can keep the word cloud up to date. Thanks all!
Which brand of plant milk is best in coffee?
From the comments we gathered in our initial Facebook poll, it would seem Oatly Barista is in the lead for the best brand of plant milk in coffee, closely followed by Koko, and Alpro Soya, although apparently Oatly Barista is best for frothing. Some commenters preferred oat and soya single cream in their coffee – sounds delicious!
Do you have a favourite brand? Vote for the best type of plant milk above, then leave the brand name in the comments so we can update our word cloud.
Tips to prevent non-dairy milk curdling in coffee…
We have been given a few coffee-making tips from commenters, on how to stop milk alternatives curdling in your coffee…
- Try warming the plant milk up before pouring (but not too much)
- or let your coffee cool a little before introducing milk.
- Plant milk is more likely to curdle in instant, than in filter coffee.
- Make sure you shake the carton well before use.
- If the problem persists, try a different coffee – rumour has it that the acidity of the bean can also affect separation.
Do you have any tips to share?